Friday, August 3, 2007

"It's always hard to say goodbye."

:: Robin Thicke - Lost without you

Today I said goodbye to my labret.

It's a tough but necessary decision.

It still feels weird,
Running my tongue across the back of my bottom lip,
And not feeling the labret.

I knew from day one that there's always a risk,
Of gum recession,
But I told myself that I'll remove the piercing,
When that day comes.

Of course,
I've always hoped that day will never come.

So after almost 8 years of occasional,
And accidental bumping of gum against metal,
I've noticed that my gums have receded slightly.

Since my gums cannot be replaced,
The piercing will have to go.

Come to think of it.
Maybe I'm too old for piercings anyway.

And so,
Feeling a little sad,
I settled down to watch Prison Break.

A few minutes later.
I realized that my chin was slightly wet.

Hopefully the stupid hole closes,
Before I start "leaking" at work!

1 comment:

Jack said...

Put waterproof tape over it :]